Since their first supporting role to the renewables industry in 2012, Boston Energy has performed more than 600,000 hours service and maintenance assistance on a broad range of offshore and onshore wind turbine generators.
Their technicians have experienced continued growth into Pre-Assembly, Installation, Special Projects and Service Agreements for onshore asset management contracts. The company also provide inspection, servicing, maintenance and repair of hoist systems and several different crane types including HMF, HIAB and Palfinger.
With flexible training solutions and industry accredited trainers, they have the capability of delivering courses to new and existing technicians across the UK, Europe and America.
- Technicians support sites across the UK, with a focus on locating employees close to home which broadens their flexibility
- Technicians are selected from a range of mechanical/electrical backgrounds that can transfer appropriate skills into the wind industry and renewables sectors
- The variety of skills in their teams include mechanical technicians, electrical technicians, service technicians, pre-assembly technicians, installation and commission technicians, rope access technicians, painters, blade repair technicians and special project isolation technicians
- The company supports projects up to service maintenance team leads, construction supervisors and foremen.
- O&M services include: scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, long-term service contracts, ad hoc arrangements, troubleshooting, tower inspection & repair, retrofits and upgrades, oil replacements, component exchange and bolt torqueing programme
- Lifting equipment services include: inspection, service, maintenance and repairs of HMF, HIAB, Davit and Palfinger cranes
- The company offers independent inspection and service including testing, repairs and certification of, winches, hoists & rope lift equipment), Eye/anchor bolt inspection, fall arrest/man safe system inspection, fall arrest system inspection & certification
- Technicians are trained to meet a customer skills matrix, with a focus on achieving competent technician status and so requiring less supervision Specific training can be given that aids support to special project work
- Crane engineers are enhanced through LEEA membership and between 6-24 months assessment for their membership to ALLMI
- Lead trainers are ALLMI accredited
Boston Energy offer a range of GWO courses that are delivered at their Beverley based Training Centre including: GWO Fire Awareness, GWO First Aid, GWO Manual Handling and GWO Working at Height.